Reflex Open Competition Digital Image Round 1 Winners
Thursday saw us eagerly anticipating the results of the first round of the Reflex Open Competition (from now on just called the ROC as I’m too lazy to type all that out every time). What most members didn’t know is that the day before the Judge we had booked backed out due to illness! It has to be one of the things most Club Competition Secretaries dread. Unfortunately we couldn’t find a replacement before the meeting so we were going to go with giving everyone a piece of paper and getting them to mark each image. Then luckily for us, not for him, Simon Caplan walked through the door. Under no pressure whatsoever, honest, he volunteered to judge the images for us. Maybe he should of asked how many had been submitted before he agreed as he soon discovered cold judging 77 images isn’t the easiest thing in the world. So I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Simon on behalf of everyone for stepping up and putting himself in the firing line.
A small reminder of some of the rules
Before I give you the results I’d just like to remind you all of some of the rules for entering the ROC. The website has a dedicated page just for the ROC which you can find here.
- Your digital files MUST be named correctly or they will not be entered.
- They must begin with a number sequence of 01, 02 or 03.
- Then you MUST use a SINGLE underscore _ . The underscore is normally found by using shift on the minus key of your keyboard.
- Then you type the title of your image followed by a SINGLE underscore.
- Finally enter your Membership Number. If you don’t know your membership number you can ask the Membership Secretary or the Club Treasurer
- All files must be in JPG format and should be saved in the sRGB Colour Space
- Maximum image size is 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels in height
- If you submit PRINTS you MUST submit a digital copy of that print
Here are a few examples of correctly named image files:
01_My Wonderful Image_251.jpg
02_My Wonderful Image_251.jpg
03_My Wonderful Image_251.jpg
PRINT_My Wonderful Image_251.jpg
And Now For the Winners