Greetings one and all, it has come to the time that I, Megan, shall take over the sacred duty known as the blogging! Hello! If you would like anything added to the next blog post, then feel free to reach me on any of the mediums listed below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Send a message on Facebook
- Text me, provided you have my number (just ask me for it if you would like it)
- Or of course, find me at a club meeting. If you are unsure as to which one I am, here is a little reminder! Although, I am terrible with names sometimes so you may need to remind me of your name!
Now that is out-of-the-way, let’s get on with what you’re really here for!
This week’s antics have brought us to the MShed, a place where you can learn of Bristol’s history, or look at the pretty boats, trains and ships, or both, which ever takes your fancy. We met up at 19:30, though others were there from an earlier time. Some chose to photograph the local scenery, the boats and ships, the train carriages, the cranes and bollards on the harbourside, others chose to photograph the brightly coloured locals for their style, and a few chose to take to the skies, photographing the peculiar shaped balloons, such as the daisy (an american visitor), the flagon, and the Smurf, as they headed towards Bath, being Bristol Balloon Fiesta Weekend. The more adventurous brave souls marched on deeper into town, and were never to be seen again, well, that night anyway.
Hard at work, taking photos
Next week(14th August), instead of having another group outing, we shall be running 6 mini groups. However, Myk has decided to cancel his group due to lack of interest, but John has stepped in to run a group in his place. If you would like to join a group, please email Ruth on the clubs email address ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to sign up to a group, you will have to be quick as some are limited!
- Group 1 Shall be run by Ruth Doyle – Bitton Railway, meet by the barrier to the car park for 19:30. https://goo.gl/maps/LuQ1s
- Group 2 shall be run by Daniel Ellis – Retracing the route of Bristol medieval city wall, Meet at the Slug and Lettuce on St. Nicholas’ Street for 19:30. https://goo.gl/maps/ZUXme
- Group 3 shall be run by Steve Hallam – Meet at the Bag o’ Nails pub at the bottom of Jacobs Wells Road for 19:30. https://goo.gl/maps/fR0Yi
- Group 4 shall be run by Mark Stone – Wells, Meet outside the cathedral for 1930. https://goo.gl/maps/LcHiz
- Group 5 shall be run by Hanneke ter Veen – Playing with water at her home, however this one is limited and 1 space remains for this group.
- Group 6 shall be run by John Pike – Meet outside Temple Meads Station for 19:30.
The pictures that you all take in these groups will then be presented at a later date!
Until next time, peace out
Images courtesy of Ian Gearing